5 Tips to help you save money on groceries for a therapeutic diet
1. Buy in bulk from big box stores like Costco, Sams Club or Bj’s Wholesale.
2. Look for coupons in the mail, newspapers, the internet or grocery store apps.
3. Create weekly menus with your budget in mind.
4. Shop around the perimeter (edges) of the store. -The middle aisle usually contains processed foods that you want to avoid.
5. Buy fruits and vegetables that are in season. -Seasonal fruits and veggies are less expensive than when out of season.
*Bonus: Buying the fresh cuts of meat with the higher fat content is less expensive than the lean cuts which is better for increasing the fat ratio on the diet.