Summer Time Tips for Water Safety
By Shannon Purcell, AngelMom to Kyle and Swim Instructor
(Joshua Hamrick featured in picture, age 10)
- Touch supervision…be within arm’s length of your child at all times
- Arm floaties, noodles, inner tubes should not be considered safety devices under any circumstance. A coast guard approved life jacket is always recommended.
- CPR is a must and saves lives. Anyone with a seizure disorder should always be monitored with one on one supervision
- Make sure your pool is up to code and always make sure a minimum of a 4-foot fence surrounds the pool on all 4 sides and separates the pool from the house.
- Be aware that drowning can happen even in very shallow water. Wading pools should always be emptied after each use.
Swim Containment Briefs